Today I bring one of my favourite summer recipe. It’s the popular Cuban watermelon mojito without any white rum. It’s very simple and easy to make with just a few ingredients. The best part being, it can be stored for almost a week in the freezer.
“Mo-ji-to” is actually pronounced “Mo-hi-to” ! Nice twang, isn’t it?
So, let’s get started.
Things you will need :
- Watermelon juice, 4 cups
(I recommend making it at home rather than buying packed ones.
To make watermelon juice, blend chunks of watermelon and strain it to remove all the fibers and seeds.)
- Your favourite colourless carbonated drink (I used sprite), about 3 cups
- Lemon juice/lime juice, 2 tablespoon
- Mint extract (optional), ½ tablespoon
(If you don’t have this, blend a 8-10 mint leaves along with the watermelon)
- Sprigs of mint leaves, a handful
- Black salt , 1 pinch
- Sugar (optional), to taste
(I din’t use any sugar since my melon was sweet enough).
- Scooped or chopped watermelon balls/pieces, (optional)
- Ice cubes, about 8
You will also need :
- A blender or juicer
- A mixing bowl or pitcher
- Lemon crusher
- Sharp knife
- Scoop or round measurements spoons will work fine too.
- In a mixing bowl, add the watermelon juice, cold drink, sugar (if needed), mint extract, black salt, lemon juice, lemon slices, torn mint leaves.
- Add in the ice cubes and watermelon balls at last. Give everything a gentle stir.
- To garnish, cut lemon/lime in small rounds. Slice one edge and insert it through the glass rim.
You have your Watermelon mojito ready in moments.
You can keep it in an air tight bottle or jug for almost a week, just make sure to remove the solids like lemon pieces and especially mint leaves and watermelon balls. They will turn soggy and brown otherwise!
Do try this soon! serve with other treats like this.
AMAZING DEALS (upto 50% off) ON KITCHEN & HOME APPLIANCES ON AMAZON. AVAIL IT NOW!
In case you haven’t yet availed the amazing deals on amazon yet, then CLICK HERE to avail discounts & great prices on kitchen & home appliances.
Don’t forget to check other yummy recipes on the blog!
Click on the food below for recipes!!
Dont forget to Pin this. I am on pinterest as Piece of Cerebrum
Here’s some of my Pinterest fun